Information & Communication Technology Policy
All members of Armadale S.H.S and Armadale ESC agree to the following terms when using technology at school :
(1) Technology is to be used for educational purposes only
· Obtain teacher permission before printing any documents.
· Do not store music, movies, sound files, games etc. in any network or local drive without permission.
· Only educational games approved by your teacher or from the school web site are permitted.
· Students must seek permission before using personal portable storage devices eg. flash drives, ipods, mp3 players, CD’s, DVD’s, floppy disks. These are to be used only for educational purposes and must be scanned for viruses. Your supervising teacher may ask to check these devices for inappropriate or unlicensed data.
· Personal digital devices such as Tablets and Laptops are brought to school at students own risk – ASHS will not be responsible for damage or theft of personal devices at school. Personal devices are only to be used in class with teacher’s permission. ASHS will not provide network connection or IT support for personal devices and students are reminded that inappropriate use of personal devices may lead to consequences for breaking the ASHS Behaviour Policy. NOTE: Mobile phones are not permitted to be used in class.
(2) Respect ICT
· Do not vandalise or misuse technology. This includes altering settings and adding or deleting software.
· Vandalism, faults and any material that is illegal, dangerous or offensive must be reported.
- Turn the computer monitor off so any offensive pictures or information can not be seen
- Quietly inform a teacher
· Do not plagiarise information. The rights of copyright owners must be respected and work referenced.
(3) Be secure and safe
· Keep your password secure and do not allow other people to access your account. If an account is found to be shared it will be disabled.
· External mail servers eg. Hotmail, chat rooms, message boards and forums are not to be used.
· Do not be offensive, menacing or harassing in the use of technology.
Failure to abide by this policy will result in loss of computer access, email access or internet access for a period of time and/or other consequences at the discretion of the supervising staff and/or the network manager.